How can I see landing page conversions broken out by unique URLs that drove to the page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I see landing page conversions broken out by unique URLs that drove to the page?

For example, we have one landing page/form for a whitepaper on our site, but then we have several URLs (on Facebook, PPC ads, Emails, etc) that direct to the landing page. Each URL has a promo code and lead source associated that gets auto-populated in the hidden fields of our form, but I cannot track conversions from these separately from the overall form conversion report in Marketo. Does anyone know how to break that out, or a better way to set this up to get this visibility?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can I see landing page conversions broken out by unique URLs that drove to the page?

You might try using Querystring field in a smart list. Or just smart lists in general to look for each PS and Source.

Another way is to have a "promo code changer" that listens for this tag and then assigns the lead to a specific SFDC Campaign. Then you can really break those out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I see landing page conversions broken out by unique URLs that drove to the page?

I typically use Marketo's querystring functionality, but as a redundancy, I also track it in Google Analytics with their UTM codes.

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033867

Once I've establiched my UTM naming convention I create a token on every campaign called {{my.Token}} then place add it to the end of every link. Then you can create a filter that looks for specific codes like utm_source or utm_campaign

It's pretty much just like the query string but this allows you to track it in both marketo and google analytics