Re: How can I mass update unsubscribes from third party list (unsubscribers either not in Salesforce or are a mix of leads and contacts)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I mass update unsubscribes from third party list (unsubscribers either not in Salesforce or are a mix of leads and contacts)?

Hi group,

After researching high and low in these forums, I’ve yet to find a clear answer to my question.

Here’s the situation. We’re new to Marketo and started our initial sync to Salesforce (which we also recently implemented) earlier this week. 

We’ve been using Mailchimp to send our newsletter and I would like to ensure that everyone’s opt-out fields who unsubscribed in Mailchimp gets carried over to Marketo as we transition the newsletter to this platform. 

Here’s where I’m getting stuck:

-Those who are on our unsubscribe Mailchimp list are not all in Salesforce 

-Those that are in Salesforce/ Marketo (since we have already done our initial sync) are a mix of leads and contacts 

Possible solution:

1. Import unsubscribe list to Marketo and set unsubscribe as “true"
  2. Create a smart list with conditions:

-SFDC Create Date “Is empty”

-Set flow set to “change data value” -> “unsubscribe” -> “true”  and sync to SFDC

Would importing this list override data we already have on our existing leads/contacts in Marketo/Salesforce?

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How can I mass update unsubscribes from third party list (unsubscribers either not in Salesforce or are a mix of leads and contacts)?

Hi Farron,

You can derive an approach for the one here: Feeding the Durable Unsubscribe List without increasing the database

Yes, it will override the values in SFDC and make sure that everyone who is supposed to be unsubscribed will be.

If you do not want to keep in Marketo and in SFDC the unsubscribe leads who were not in the Marketo database, just follow the post approach. If you want to keep them, just do not delete them at the end.

-Greg