Can formula fields be used in RCE?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can formula fields be used in RCE?

We need the Lead ID to be available within our RCE reports.  I created a new Formula Field (with the value of {{lead.id}}.  But this field is not listed in the list of fields that can be synced/added to RCE (as a new dimension).  Is it not possible to use formula fields in RCE?  If not, does anyone have any other suggestions to obtain this value in RCE?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can formula fields be used in RCE?

Hey Dan,

Did you ever find a resolution here?
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Jeff - unfortunately, no.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a solution for you. This uses Salesforce fields, but the same fields contain the Dynamics GUIDs as well, so it will work for both.
  • Create a custom field to hold the ID, e.g. SalesforceID
  • Create a data management campaign. You can do both batch and trigger or just one.
    • Batch Smart List: SFDC Type is not empty (or Microsoft Type is not Empty)
    • Trigger Smart List: Lead is Created + Data Value Changes (with Constraint SFDC ID is not empty) and filter SFDC Type is not empty
    • Flow:
      • If SFDC Type (Person) is Contact, Change Data Value SalesforceID to {{lead.sfdc contact id}}
      • Otherwise, Change Data Value SalesforceID to {{lead.sfdc lead id}}
  • Add the new custom field as a dimension for RCA in the Admin section.

Abaran
Level 5

Hi

i just ran into the same issue today. Created an nice formula field and it was not available to the customer fields in RCE.Now i am building a samr campaign to be able to map an SFDC record Type ID 18 digits number to a text value we can use in RCE.

Does anyone know if Marketo is working on something like that?