SOLVED

Re: How can I identify the cause of soft bounces that don't fall in category 3,4 or 9

Go to solution
Dean548
Level 2

How can I identify the cause of soft bounces that don't fall in category 3,4 or 9

Hi,

I have 161 soft bounces of which 119 I've identified as falling under category 3, 4 & 9 however, for the remaining 42 how can I find out why they soft bounced? are there other soft bounce categories which I can use? 

Link to marketo docs for soft bounce categories: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/maintaining-a-directory-of-leads-bouncing-emails/ta-p/30...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How can I identify the cause of soft bounces that don't fall in category 3,4 or 9

Use the Bulk Export API to extract the Soft Bounced activity from the Activity Log for your whole database.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Have you looked at the details of the Email Bounced Soft activity?

Dean548
Level 2

I can see the reason why they soft bounced when I look through the records activity log, however, is there a better way of mass exporting a list with the reason for the soft bounce? I tried creating a smart list and exporting with 'Email bounced Reason' but nothing is populated in these columns. Aside from manually going through each records activity log is there an easier way to exporting a list or find the soft bounce reason all in one view?

SanfordWhiteman

Use the Bulk Export API to extract the Soft Bounced activity from the Activity Log for your whole database.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Alternatively you can create a field on the Person record where you stamp the bounce reason for the last bounce that happened so it is easier to export from the UI.