SOLVED

Global TY page to specific content downloads

Go to solution
sbeauComm
Level 1

Global TY page to specific content downloads

Hi All - I am trying to establish global content download forms hosted on our website however, each download is a different piece of content.  So I thought the next best thing was to build a global TY page however, I am not quite sure how to set it up where each submission goes to the right content.  How is this best achieved?  Please help. 

The one workaround I can see is cloning the global form for each asset and the direct after submission goes to the PDF.  Is this the only option?  I would love to know how to build one global form but set up the follow up page based on the asset type.  

Any recommendations are welcomed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Global TY page to specific content downloads

I would love to know how to build one global form but set up the follow up page based on the asset type.  

The key prerequisite is a central mapping file (or more broadly, central mapping config) which maps each form URL to its Thank You URL.

You retrieve the mapping config on page load, alongside the form itself. In the form’s onSuccess event, you choose the right Thank You and redirect to it.

When you host your form on a Marketo LP, the mapping can be handled a number of ways: it can be a JSON or CSV file uploaded in Design Studio, or it can be a regular Marketo LP, easily edited in the Marketo UI.

If your form is hosted on non-Marketo LPs, the mapping file needs to be hosted on your webserver, or optionally it can be a specially formatted Marketo LP.

The config can also be included inline in the LP itself, i.e. as a <datalist> or <script> in the <head>. You’d probably need your CMS team to make sure it gets included from a central location, since you don’t want to edit every page on a change!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I would love to know how to build one global form but set up the follow up page based on the asset type.  

The key prerequisite is a central mapping file (or more broadly, central mapping config) which maps each form URL to its Thank You URL.

You retrieve the mapping config on page load, alongside the form itself. In the form’s onSuccess event, you choose the right Thank You and redirect to it.

When you host your form on a Marketo LP, the mapping can be handled a number of ways: it can be a JSON or CSV file uploaded in Design Studio, or it can be a regular Marketo LP, easily edited in the Marketo UI.

If your form is hosted on non-Marketo LPs, the mapping file needs to be hosted on your webserver, or optionally it can be a specially formatted Marketo LP.

The config can also be included inline in the LP itself, i.e. as a <datalist> or <script> in the <head>. You’d probably need your CMS team to make sure it gets included from a central location, since you don’t want to edit every page on a change!

sbeauComm
Level 1

Thank you so much.