SOLVED

Re: How can I build a triggered campaign with a seven day delay that qualifies the lead at send time and randomly holds out 50%?

Go to solution
Douglas_Meierdi
Level 2

How can I build a triggered campaign with a seven day delay that qualifies the lead at send time and randomly holds out 50%?

I'm launching a new triggered campaign to customers for whom we have recently completed a first project asking them to either A) rehire their contractor or B) find a different contractor for a different kind of job.

The campaign is trigged on a data value change of Completed Job is now '1'

The campaign needs to wait for 7 days before it can send the email. At that time it needs to check and ensure that the customer hasn't already started a new job or rehired their contractor. Once it's certain that the customer hasn't initiated a second job it should send - but only to half of the people who qualify.

I want to run this triggered campaign for 2 weeks and at the end compare the group who did receive the email to the group who did not and see if there was an increase in 2nd jobs.

Make sense? How do I build that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How can I build a triggered campaign with a seven day delay that qualifies the lead at send time and randomly holds out 50%?

Doug,

I would set this up like so:

Smart List:

Data Value Changes: "Completed Job": New Value: "1"

Flow:

1. Wait 7 days

2. Remove from flow

Choice 1: "Completed Job" is not "1"

Default: Do nothing

3. Send Email

Choice 1: Random sample is 50%

Step #2 ensures that if someone no longer meets that smart list's criteria for "Completed Job" that they are removed from the flow and will not get the email.

For the qualification rules, make sure people can only run through the flow once.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal

Doug,

I would set this up like so:

Smart List:

Data Value Changes: "Completed Job": New Value: "1"

Flow:

1. Wait 7 days

2. Remove from flow

Choice 1: "Completed Job" is not "1"

3. Send Email

Choice 1: Random sample is 50%

Step #2 ensures that if someone no longer meets that smart list's criteria for "Completed Job" that they are removed from the flow and will not get the email.

For the qualification rules, make sure people can only run through the flow once.

Douglas_Meierdi
Level 2

That makes sense - I wasn't looking at it that way. Thanks again. Pretty soon I'm going to have to grab BART to the East Bay and buy you a drink!

Devraj_Grewal

Haha, happy to help.