SOLVED

Re: How best to qualify/recycle MQLs that are contacts in SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How best to qualify/recycle MQLs that are contacts in SFDC

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some insights into the best practice for how to treat MQLs that are contacts in SFDC.

For leads, we are using lead status changes to drive if an MQL is Sales Accepted or Recycled to Marketing.

We don't have a lead status field on the contact. Personally, I feel if we add lead status to the contact object as a field it will create confusion.

How have you set up your MQL qualification process for MQLs that are contacts?

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Chris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are some threads on this.

Yes, create a corresponding Lead or Contact Status on the SFDC Contact such that on conversion, the Contact takes in the appropriate value. For example, you could assume all Contacts to be SAL and start there.

You will have to think about Customer Accounts and how to flip the attached Contact Status to "Customer" as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are some threads on this.

Yes, create a corresponding Lead or Contact Status on the SFDC Contact such that on conversion, the Contact takes in the appropriate value. For example, you could assume all Contacts to be SAL and start there.

You will have to think about Customer Accounts and how to flip the attached Contact Status to "Customer" as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Josh.

I think the status on the Contact and Customer Accounts would be more beneficial as that way we would know if a Contact hits MQL status as we have a number of inactive Contacts that we are not currently doing business with.

Chris.