SOLVED

Re: How approve or disapprove someone who is registered in our event

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How approve or disapprove someone who is registered in our event

Hello,

I organise an event, and people can register at our event by filling a form on a Landing page.

So if a person clicks on the landing, his statuts changes in "registration in progress"

And from here I want to choose if I accept or not the request to participate.

Depending on my choice the person will receive a confirmation or a refusal.

How can I do that simply?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

I would use 2 untracked landing pages with a form that would include just one hidden field : the lead email address, that you would pass as a token in the CT link.

You can either make this form to auto-submit, using the forms 2.0 api, or let the marketing user to click again, as a security.

Then smart campaigns would detect the fill out forms and change the status in the program.

-Greg

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You really need to let them finish the form and trigger a fills out form event which should change their Status to Pending.

Then you can go into the Program and change their status to Registered/Approved or Rejected.

I'm assuming your Channel has these Statuses.

You will also need campaigns to properly follow up once you confirm their Status. They can trigger based on the Status change.

Dan_Stevens_

That's the exact approach we use today.  The only downside is the marketer must physically go into Marketo to do this.  We had tried to include these options within the alert that gets sent to the marketer each time someone registers - so that the click activity will either accept or deny registration:

pastedImage_0.png

But we haven't found a way to make this work since the click activity is associated with the marketer - not the lead.  If anyone has found a way to make this approach work, please share!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

I would use 2 untracked landing pages with a form that would include just one hidden field : the lead email address, that you would pass as a token in the CT link.

You can either make this form to auto-submit, using the forms 2.0 api, or let the marketing user to click again, as a security.

Then smart campaigns would detect the fill out forms and change the status in the program.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

Thxs for your answer, that helps.

And if I change statut thanks to its program, Is my main program will detect this change in statut? or should I add a wait in my main program to force it to control the status?

Rg

Dan_Stevens_

All of these smart campaigns and assets should be contained within a single program (we've built these as Program Templates so that they can easily be built each time - leveraging a lot of tokens, of course).  And then when someone's status changes as a result of "approve" or "deny", that status will be already given to each member in that program.

Dan_Stevens_

Grégoire Michel​ - is it possible to also pass the FIRST and LAST name of the lead as URL parameters to this untracked page so that they can be used on the landing page?  For example:

Please confirm your approval for FIRST-NAME LAST-NAME to attend the event.

Dan_Stevens_

For some reason, the URL parameters are not populating the values of the hidden form fields.  Here's the landing page:

https://pages.avanade.com/Template---Roadshow---Head-Space-Event-Approval_approved.html?EmailAddress...

And here is how I've defined the hidden form fields:

Capture.PNG

I'll also add that the form knows who I am - even though I've included all of the non-trackable code within the landing page template:

Non-trackable landing page is still identifying me

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

I just tested the link, it works fine and populates the hidden fields :

pastedImage_0.png

I also submitted it with my own email address (gregoire@inficiences.com) and it seems to work. Just check you have it in Marketo with the filled out form but without the vist page activities.

ALso check that on link in the email, the tracking is disabled :

pastedImage_1.png

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan Stevens

And also, if you could please remove me from the database once you have checked

-Greg