Re: Has anyone found a way to create an Interesting Moments report?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Has anyone found a way to create an Interesting Moments report?

I realize the ability to create an Interesting Moments report in Marketo is lacking - in fact, I just created an Idea here: .  To be honest, I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested prior to now.  Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten creative and found a way to create some sort of consolidated report - in lieu of Sales Insight - that will display all interesting moments within an account/company, by individual leads (and hide those leads where there are no IMs).

10 REPLIES 10
Josh_Hill13

No. I thought this was an Idea already....odd because there have been soo many threads on this question.

The most you can do is pull a smart list where Last Interesting Moment Desc IS NOT EMPTY. I suppose you could add this field to RCE as well for some more reporting.

What we really need is a separate record object that can be reported on. I have heard some people do this for SFDC Campaign Member record or similar objects.

Dan_Stevens_

I thought so too, Josh.  But when I scoured the Ideas section, there was nothing.  In fact, I could have sworn I saw a couple over the past couple of months (that originated from discussions around this topic).

Unfortunately, "Last Interesting Moment Desc" isn't a field that can be synced to RCE. In fact, none of these can be (they're probably treated similar to the Lead Owner fields (first, last, phone, email) - hidden and unable to be synced to RCE):

pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dan,

I wrote a blog post on a report that compiled interesting moment types on a lead-by-lead basis. I know this isn't 100% what you are looking for, but it could get you pointed in the right direction. Marketo Hack: Give your sales team insights they can actually use. | Brent Levi | LinkedIn

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

We recently implemented a workaround for achieving this. Here's what we did:

1. - Create 2 new custom fields in SFDC on Lead and Contact Object:
    Most Recent Interesting Moment (Type:Text) and All Interesting Moments (Type:Text Area)

1. After the fields were created, go to the flow of the campaign where you are creating the Interesting Moment. Here, add a step for Change Data Value:
    Most Recent Interesting Moment = {{lead.Last Interesting Moment Type}} . {{lead.Last Interesting Moment Desc}}
    This would concatenate latest Interesting Moment Type and Description.
    IM Report 1.png
  2. Add a wait for 5 minutes, which is optional to add.

3. Add Another Flow step for updating the value of All Interesting Moments. You can add a separator in between for distinction between two interesting moments.
    {{lead.All Interesting Moments}} {{lead.Recent Interesting Moment}}
    IM Report 2.png
  4. Test the campaign with test records and creating multiple interesting moments. Once tested, activate it for all the leads.

5. Create a Smart List and add a filter to get leads where ‘Most Recent Interesting Moment’ changed yesterday.
    IM Report 3.png
  6. Update your default lead view to include Most Recent Interesting Moment and All Interesting Moments.
    IM Report 4.png
  7. Add a daily subscription for the leads who would be coming from this Smart list, using the List Subscription feature that came in the latest release.

This should be helpful till we wait for MKTO to create a report for Interesting Moments in Analytics.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alok - This was super helpful. The clearest, most concise how-to on concatenation for Interesting Moments I've seen. Thanks!

Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Would you post the idea, so that we can all vote

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Greg - this has been posted since September (I updated my post at the top with this link as well):

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Voted

Dan_Stevens_

Greg, you might also be interested in the last post in this thread: Custom Landing Page Reports.  We have a dire need to be able to provide more account-centric views of activity for our sales teams.  This is one of the reports that DB may soon be able to offer us (although, I'd prefer something like this was provided out of Marketo).