Re: Has anyone done an email frequency option for the lead or subscribers?

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Has anyone done an email frequency option for the lead or subscribers?

So what I mean is has anyone created an option for a lead to choose the frequency of emails that they want to receive on a form landing page? 

If so, any tips or can you put me to a Marketo instruction url or PDF?

The reason I'm asking is because we have blog, podcast and publication broadcasts and a lot of them go to the same person. 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Michelle,

There are a couple of threads on this. They mostly relate to throttling certain kinds of emails internally using Smart Lists or Static Lists to manage the number of emails. For instance, at one firm I had to limit "Promo" emails to no more than twice/mo which meant having a couple of smart lists looking for people with Was Sent Emails CONTAINS "promo" IN PAST 30 days.

And then having that group as part of a standard suppression list.

For your need, you might try the following:
-tell people on the subs page how often to expect emails for each option.
-to throttle each option, try running a list automater to put a lead into a static list each time they want a certain kind of email. So if they say "Send me a Blog Update once a month" they get put on that list. of course then you have to have some logic to say if person is on Once a Week, it is ok to send this Email or Once a Month, it is not ok yet. There might be a manual item where you run separate emails for each type of Channel+Frequency.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Josh.  That helps a lot.