SOLVED

Handling Custom Business Object fields in Webbooks

Go to solution
Senthilkumar-S
Level 1

Handling Custom Business Object fields in Webbooks

Hi Team,

Please assist with this query.

We would like to add Custom business object fields like appointment location, type of appointment and related information in webhooks.  As we know, only profile-level fields can be added under Webhooks, we would like to have the same option for CBO fields as well as our business model works that way.  

Has anyone come over with this kind of setup to enable CBO in Webhook? Is there any custom solution available? 

Please suggest what's the best way to set this up. 

Regards,

Senthilkumar.S

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Handling Custom Business Object fields in Webbooks

@Senthilkumar-S wrote:

Thanks for your reply. If this is configurable in the intermediate Webhook using rest API, then should be the same applicable for the initial API as well rite? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

The intermediary webhook service would use Marketo's REST API to get the CO data associated with the person first, and then pass it on to the subsequent service for sending the message (i.e., an extra hop to get the Marketo CO data first).

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks for your reply. If this is configurable in the intermediate Webhook using rest API, then should be the same applicable for the initial API as well rite?

No.

The initial call to the webhook-enabled service can only include lead, program, campaign, system, and my.tokens. It can’t include CO information.

If you send the {{lead.id}} to the webhook-enabled service, it can then use the REST API to get data from other objects.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

You would have to call an intermediate webhook that uses the Marketo REST API to fetch the CO records for the lead, then forwards them to the next hop. The CO data can’t be included in the initial webhook payload.

Senthilkumar-S
Level 1

Thanks for your reply. If this is configurable in the intermediate Webhook using rest API, then should be the same applicable for the initial API as well rite? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Also, how do we configure this in the intermediate Webhook? I am trying to send out SMS/Whatsapp Messages through the Webhook configuration. Will this solution be feasible to apply?

Thanks for your thoughts on this query. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Senthilkumar-S wrote:

The intermediary webhook service would use Marketo's REST API to get the CO data associated with the person first, and then pass it on to the subsequent service for sending the message (i.e., an extra hop to get the Marketo CO data first).

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks for your reply. If this is configurable in the intermediate Webhook using rest API, then should be the same applicable for the initial API as well rite?

No.

The initial call to the webhook-enabled service can only include lead, program, campaign, system, and my.tokens. It can’t include CO information.

If you send the {{lead.id}} to the webhook-enabled service, it can then use the REST API to get data from other objects.