Hack for keeping smart campaigns from being auto-deactivated

Kim_Wieczner
Level 3

Hack for keeping smart campaigns from being auto-deactivated

I am well aware that there is no way to exclude smart campaigns from the regular trigger campaign clean-up, and I do not wish to turn that feature off entirely. Has anyone had success with a hack to keep certain important but perhaps low traffic smart campaigns alive? Perhaps a regularly scheduled request campaign trigger that would fake traffic here? Any ideas welcome!

5 REPLIES 5
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10

Re: Hack for keeping smart campaigns from being auto-deactivated

Kim,

Just deactivate and activate it again and the 6 month clock resets. This is the easiest way. Don't bother with running fake people through the flow just to keep it live, because once they run through the 6 month clock will begin again until another person runs through.

You also get a warning of which campaigns will be deactivated, so you only really need to deactivate and reactivate during this warning period and the 6 month clock resets.

And of course, vote for the idea:

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I'm curious if the Marketo Sky roll-out will have a better way to do this en mas. You'll be able to deactivate and re-activate many campaigns at once, I'm just not sure if you can filter them in a way that would flag them. Possible use-case would be to include a key phrase in your naming convention "-keep-on-" then you can filter by those and either turn them off/on before they deactivate, or simply go back after they deactivate and see if any were turned off. Ultimately the use-case of them being inactive for 6 months should be a trigger for you to do some better promotions or discover reasons why there's no activity...

Kristina_Wrigh1
Level 1

We're running into the same thing recently - is there a warning we get from Marketo which outlines which campaigns will be deactivated? maybe I'm not seeing it? Hoping you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

There is an alert sent to Admins via email (I believe -- I get one), and it's also listed in your "Notifications" alerts at the top of your Marketo Instance. They will identify which campaigns are scheduled to be deactivated (a to-do list to comb through, for sure), and then a list of those that were deactivated once that day comes.

Tracy_Boesken
Level 3

Speaking of hacks...I have a list of 95 collateral items that are on our website that I need to have "always on" (active, Triggered). I am going through the list one by one deactivating then reactivating so that I know for certain none of them have been overlooked.

My question is: is there a way to keep these campaigns in one location to mass/batch deactivate/reactivate? I am aware of Campaign Inspector listing active or inactive campaigns (the instance is old and has a lot) but my goal is to have lists of the triggered campaigns by themselves to check if active/inactive.

Ideas?

Thanks,

--Tracy