SOLVED

Re: GoToWebinar Registration Error

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

GoToWebinar Registration Error

This is an actual cry for help

We have GTW and Marketo sync set up; the registration scenario looks like this: Website webinar registration form > GTW > Marketo Event program.

It's working overall well but lately some webinar registrants return to Marketo with "Registration error" program status. They are assigned invalid member IDs and canot join the webinar. Happens to only about a couple leads per webinar, not all of them.

GTW support sent us to Marketo support, and Marketo support couldn't figure out what exactly was going on because it worked fine with their test leads when they tried registering.

The Launchpoint integration is set up correctly. I have read similar cases here when no leads at all were synced to Marketo from GTW, because it needed a Marketo form to work; but apparently that's not the case because most of our leads are synced to Marketo as webinar registrants with no problem.

Can anyone please give any ideas about why could that happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It is usually better to register leads through Marketo Page and Form process, than hope GTW pushes back leads. This allows you to control the entire experience and data.

Registration Errors can be corrected manually, but if it's tons of them, than one of the vendors needs to help you more.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It is usually better to register leads through Marketo Page and Form process, than hope GTW pushes back leads. This allows you to control the entire experience and data.

Registration Errors can be corrected manually, but if it's tons of them, than one of the vendors needs to help you more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Josh!

Just one question - how exactly can I manually fix the Registration Errors?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This can be done in the Members tab of the program. There is an option to Change Program Status - once this is done, the record should be correctly marked as registered.

Venus_Wills
Level 4

I just racked my brain for an hour trying to figure out why 3 registrants with Registration Error refused to be sync over to GTW even after I checked the Launchpoint integration and tried to manually set their program status to Registered. GTW doesn't like weird symbols in fields. One guy had an extra ' in his last name, the other two had | in the job title. Check for those if your webinar registrants in Marketo refuse to sync over to GTW.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

I have this issue for a single contact, no funny symbols, all fields are present, I cant even manually change his status to registered.

Not sure what to do next?