GoToWebinar event name changed after registration activated in Marketo

Kim_Oetegenn
Level 1

GoToWebinar event name changed after registration activated in Marketo

Hey there.

We've set up a webinar program & the event name in GTW was changed after we activated the Fills Out Form Active Trigger and sent our first email invite. 

As a result, these people are in the SFDC campaign, and their Marketo status is updated, but they aren't being added to GTW (which is where we send the link to join & reminder emails).

Unfortunately, I can't change the event name in Marketo now -- I get the following error message when I attempt to: "The webinar settings can not be modified once there are members in the event"

I've also tried to refresh from Webinar provider but no luck.

Has this happened to anyone before & were you able to find a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: GoToWebinar event name changed after registration activated in Marketo

Yes, you can't change the settings of your webinar program after you have added persons to the program. But you can do that, after you your program is devoid of members again. So here's what I would do:

• Add your program members to a list. (You might have that list of registrants already, if you have an Add to List flow step in your Registration Tracking campaign).
  • Remove them from the program (Change Program Status --> New Status: Not in Program)
  • Change your webinar adapter settings
  • Re-add the list members to the program with the status of "Registered". That will trigger the API call to GTW where they will become registered.