Google Lead Forms connection to Marketo

lindafiorito
Level 1

Google Lead Forms connection to Marketo

Has anyone had any success getting Google Lead Forms connected to Marketo? We are looking into using Zapier to help connect the two, but if there is a native way, we would like to implement it that way. Would love to hear about how others have connected it successfully!

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Google Lead Forms connection to Marketo

There isn’t a native way.

I avoid Zapier at all costs, so we have our own API gateway, which translates the Google payload into a Marketo form post using the Submit Form REST API.

You could in theory use Zapier, but I strongly suggest building a custom Zap for the outbound part — not the overly simple “insert Marketo lead” Zap — to get a proper form post in the log.

adele_briggs
Level 3

My organisation is looking to set up the Google Ads lead form extensions. Interested to see if anyone has used this service?

Leadsbridge Google Ads lead form extensions 

thanks 😁

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@adele_briggs ,

I've quickly reviewed their docs.  I'm not a big fan as it doesn't mimic a Marketo form fill (there is benefit in this as it means you can trigger campaigns etc etc) very easily.

@SanfordWhiteman ,

did you build your gateway in FlowBoost?

Cheers

Jo

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

did you build your gateway in FlowBoost?

In this case, that was unfortunately impossible because the payload is pure JSON (not JS).

We could’ve built an AWS APIGW-to-FlowBoost bridge — and I would probably do this now, given the choice — but we did a standalone APIGW-Lambda thing.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@SanfordWhiteman ,

Gotcha.  

I can see how (roughly) I'd build that bridge.

Cheers

Jo