SOLVED

Google Data Studio

Go to solution
Megan_Koelemay
Level 3

Google Data Studio

Has anyone out there connected their Marketo instance to Google Data Studio?  What are you using for the integration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Google Data Studio

I've had some good success using Zapier to do this. Ultimately I setup all the reports I want to run in Marketo and have them emailed to me on a set cadence. Then I have Zapier watch my inbox for those emails and save the attachments to a folder in GDrive. Now, the tricky part for me was I wanted to have a running log of these reports, so I actually created a Google Script that will convert all the .csv files to Sheets and combine them into one master doc that also gets time-stamped. The only issue I've run into with it was that I have to clear out the old files every 2-3 months otherwise the script times out. This was definitely a poor mans solution and any integration would probably be better.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10 - Champion

May as well jump in seeing as no-one's come in with magic solutions here yet... We do a lot of business reporting with Data Studio. I'm not aware of any tool that integrates between Marketo & GDS.

Unexciting as it may be, we just have a bunch of smart list/report subscriptions set up and then push that data into google sheets, where some transformations happen, and the dashboard connects to that instead. 

Levi_Halvorsen
Level 1

What tools or services or.... do you use to push the smart list/report subscriptions into google sheets?

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10 - Champion

No tool/service, i'm afraid - just copy paste.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 7

Wow!!  The queen of automation is using copy/paste.

@Grace_Brebner3 , that's just so very very wrong!!

Danielle_Wong
Level 8

I'm actually trying to use Stitch Data to integrate Marketo data into Google Data Studio. It does not seem as straight forward as I had hoped. If I get it up and running, I'll try to remember to update here.

Megan_Koelemay
Level 3

Good to hear your experience, Danielle.  Thanks for the reply!

markdavidbecker
Level 1

HI... i have same need. Did stitch work out and did you have to pay for their plan?

Andreia_Norsa
Level 3

Hi @Danielle_Wong , did you manage to integrate Marketo data into Google Data Studio? I would be happy to hear more since I'm looking to do the same. Thanks. Andréia

Danielle_Wong
Level 8

Hi @Andreia_Norsa,

We were unable to proceed. Sorry I am not more help!