Google Analytics Not Excluding mkt_tok URL Query Parameters - Help!

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Google Analytics Not Excluding mkt_tok URL Query Parameters - Help!

Hello hello,

We've been dealing with this for a while and have not found the solution so hopefully someone in this amazing community can help!

Even though I have added mkt_tok to the Exclude URL Query Parameters list in Google Analytics, the Marketo Token still passes on, making it look like 1 page is actually hundreds (see screenshots).

Any idea why this might be and how I can remedy it? I am aware any remedy is likely only from the fix onward and not retrospective - that would be great!

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 11.09.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 11.09.22 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Sabuhi_Yahyaye2
Level 1

Re: Google Analytics Not Excluding mkt_tok URL Query Parameters - Help!

Hi Yoav Guttman You need to separate query parameters by a comma (mkt_tok, a). More info here about how to strip query parameters in GA. If it still doesn't work, you can achieve this with Filters. Let me know if it fixes your issue.

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Thank you Sabuhi Yahyayev​! Follow up question - the link you shared - is that suggesting I can remove the URL parameters from links historically?  or only moving forward?

Sabuhi_Yahyaye2
Level 1

Google Analytics filters do not apply historically. They only apply to data gathered after the filter is added.

Wade_Sarchet
Level 2

Have you found the pages with the Marketo tracking tokens to be duplicate counts of the web pages?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Wade, I responded on your other thread.