Re: Google Analytics and templates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Analytics and templates

Hi,

I want to see if any one has tried to add a Google Analytics script to a landing page template that is being used by page that are live. Has it caused your landing page to revert any content back to the place holder content?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

We have Google Analytics implemented via Google Tag Manager using Guided Landing Pages and all is working as expected. Have you got an example?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you mean a Guided Template?

GA code or any code shouldn't be a big deal, unless you drop it in the wrong place. It will cause child pages to go into draft mode until you approve them, thus the change won't be live until then.

Did this happen to you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for responding, we haven't tried implementing on any of our templates that are being used by landing pages. We did however test it on a couple of templates that I'm in the process of working on.

When we added the GA script to the the template that the test landing page had to be approved in order for the script to work.

I was concerned that script may cause Marketo to change existing pages or pages to crash.

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Marketo's Munchkin and the Google Anaytics work well together and you shouldn't have any conflicts but a good front end developer could explain more. Marketo also supports Google Analytics for RTP, so you should be safe to mass deploy: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Integrate+RTP+with+Google+Analytics​.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jeff,

No risk of crash here, but you will have to reapprove all pages after approving the landing page. You can do this from the design studio.

-Greg