SOLVED

Global programs for Leads in Local Lead Partition

Go to solution
TinaGuiBraze
Level 1

Global programs for Leads in Local Lead Partition

Hi, appreciate if anyone can share some experience here. 

We would like to limit the marketo access for a specific BU team to a local workspace and lead partition. So we are trying to build a global workspace and a local workspace with 2 separate partitions. Is it possible to set up in the following way so that leads in local lead partition can still interact with global assets and get added as program members in Global workspace? Can global workspace programs consist of leads from both Global lead partition and Local lead partition? And will all the engagement history be shown in the local lead activity log? Thank you!

• Global workspace: Global lead partition + Local lead partition 
  • Local workspace: Local lead partition
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Global programs for Leads in Local Lead Partition

The Workspaces can definitely be set up so that they see one or more partitions, and one partition can be accessed by more than one workspace. As long as you do not have duplicate email addresses in your database, the activity will be tied to the record, not the partition or workspace.

The one word of caution I would give you is be sure to not allow the different partitions to contain duplicate records (there is a record with john @ email.com in partition A, and a second record with the same email address in partition B). This could cause issues if you import static lists. 

You can see more on Understanding Workspaces and Person Partitions 

View solution in original post

Christiane_Rode

I hope I am understanding your question correctly ... but yes, the database section of your workspace will show you contacts in any partition that your workspace has access to.

Within the lead/person record, you are able to see what partition a record sits in with the Person Partition field. So, if a record for Jane Smith is stored in your Local partition, but you're in your Global workspace database (that has access to both the Global and Local partitions), you will be able to see Jane's record, but, within her record, her partition will be listed as "Local partition."

But, on the other side, if John Smith is located in the Global partition, and you're in your Local workspace database section, you will not be able to find his record. 

Here's some additional information on Workspaces

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christiane_Rode

The Workspaces can definitely be set up so that they see one or more partitions, and one partition can be accessed by more than one workspace. As long as you do not have duplicate email addresses in your database, the activity will be tied to the record, not the partition or workspace.

The one word of caution I would give you is be sure to not allow the different partitions to contain duplicate records (there is a record with john @ email.com in partition A, and a second record with the same email address in partition B). This could cause issues if you import static lists. 

You can see more on Understanding Workspaces and Person Partitions 

TinaGuiBraze
Level 1

Thank you @Christiane_Rode !! Would like to tap on your experience further if you are ok. 

I have set up the workspace and partitions for testing. Looks like Marketo Database is tied with Marketo workspace instead of lead partitions?  I used a smart campaign in Global workspace to push a record to a local partition and was surprised to see this record resides in both Global database and Local database.  Is it because the Global workspace has access to Local partition, hence the Global database also has access to it?

Christiane_Rode

I hope I am understanding your question correctly ... but yes, the database section of your workspace will show you contacts in any partition that your workspace has access to.

Within the lead/person record, you are able to see what partition a record sits in with the Person Partition field. So, if a record for Jane Smith is stored in your Local partition, but you're in your Global workspace database (that has access to both the Global and Local partitions), you will be able to see Jane's record, but, within her record, her partition will be listed as "Local partition."

But, on the other side, if John Smith is located in the Global partition, and you're in your Local workspace database section, you will not be able to find his record. 

Here's some additional information on Workspaces

TinaGuiBraze
Level 1

Absolutely Christiane! your answers are spot on. Thank you