Re: Global assets can be used in programs, but it means that you may need to set the Acquisition Status manually, using a flow action

Anonymous
Not applicable

Global assets can be used in programs, but it means that you may need to set the Acquisition Status manually, using a flow action

THis is a question on the Foundation Quizzes. I answered false, but apparently its true!! I cant see the connection between using a global asset and the acquisition program. Of the 4 ways acquisiton program is assigned, none have any connection to assets? These are the 4:
1) The Acquistion Program is automatically set by Marketo once a brand new lead is acquired by your Program/Event in Marketo
2) Using the Change Data Value flow action using the Acquisition Program attribute
3) When importing a list of data
4) 
Using the "Member Status" option of the "Import Members" in your Program/Event

I can find nothing about assets local or global having an impact on Acquisition Program. Can anyone shed any light?
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Global assets can be used in programs, but it means that you may need to set the Acquisition Status manually, using a flow action

Yes, if a lead is created via form fill on either a form or landing page that is housed locally in a program, that program will be set as the acquisition program for the lead. (I think this is what is implied by your first bullet.)
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

what is a global asset in this situation? Is it not part of a program?

If a lead finds an asset outside of a Program, then yes, it will not automatically become part of a Program because the Form+Page wasn't in a Program. Thus, if you wanted, you could manually set the acquisition program with a flow step.

Emily is right.
Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Josh Hill​ question re: this: is there a token we can use for acquisition program name to be set? None of my forms are on Marketo landing pages, which means I would have to set this as a local campaign at every program. I would rather do it as a global campaign - with the setup being Lead is Created (trigger) and the flow being if Acquisition Program is Empty, then Acquisition Program Name is {{token}}. Does that exist? Or do I really need to do it at the program level? Thanks!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Caitlin McCormick​ the issue with your statement is that for a global asset, Marketo still won't know what program to assign it to. If you have the same form on multiple pages, how is Marketo going to know what Acquisition program to assign, unless it's local or you tell Marketo which program created the lead.

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Got it. So I should use one form for multiple pages, and within that form I could use a hidden field to identify the Acquisition Program. Right?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you do that, you'll need to have a way for the hidden field to be populated (URL parameter would probably be easiest) but that would work. If you already have the pages set up and can't change the URL, you're better off adding a flow step somewhere that will set the acquisition program based on the page where the form was filled out.

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Sorry - I meant - should I use one form for one page, and within that form I could use a hidden field to identify the Acquisition Program ?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you're doing a one-to-one ratio then you can definitely set the acquisition program from a hidden field on the form. You will just want to make sure that you have that field "blocked" from form fillout updates (in the admin section) so that a second form fillout won't change a person's acquisition program. It will allow an acquisition program to be written only if that field is currently empty. That's one way that you have slightly more control using flow steps with choices (ie: if empty, assign acquisition program).