SOLVED

Get Marketo Unique Code via REST API

Go to solution
WolframLotz
Level 4

Get Marketo Unique Code via REST API

Hi, 

is there a field name to get marketos Unique Code via Rest API? E. g. using the Lead lookup endpoint /rest/v1/leads.json and retraive the unicque code via the field parameter "&fields=id,firstName,marketoUniqueCode"? (marketoUniqueCode ist not working 😉 )

Unfortunately I wasn't able to finde something about this in the documentation nor in an old threat. 

Thanks and kind regards
Wolfram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Get Marketo Unique Code via REST API

The Describe endpoint that retrieves the complete list of the fields available for interaction via API doesn't include the Marketo Unique Code field in the response, which indicates that the MUC field isn't available for querying via the API (I'd love to know if there's a way around it though). By the way, you can always export the MUC from a list in Marketo if that suits your use case.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

The Describe endpoint that retrieves the complete list of the fields available for interaction via API doesn't include the Marketo Unique Code field in the response, which indicates that the MUC field isn't available for querying via the API (I'd love to know if there's a way around it though). By the way, you can always export the MUC from a list in Marketo if that suits your use case.

WolframLotz
Level 4

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 , 

thank you. To bad. It would have been very helpful. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

We keep it mirrored to a custom field using a daily SC.

WolframLotz
Level 4

Great. This was my alternativ plan. Did realize that. 

It's a hassle that we need to creat an additonal field for that. And that its's a hassle that the limitations for the change of this fields are really limitated. But yei this this Marketo.