Re: Get alert for multiple duplicates created in 1 day

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Get alert for multiple duplicates created in 1 day

I don't want to get an alert for every single duplicate that gets created, but rather only if over 5 (for example) get created in one day. Can't think of a creative way to set this up...anybody have any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nina,

This is not possible. Each lead is not aware of what happens to another lead, event if it's a duplicate.

Some Salesforce add-ons can alert on duplicate creation. Including the duplicate management feature that was released earlier this year.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You could trigger a webhook that tracks all leads created in a given day and gives you back the current count.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

As Sanford mentioned, you can use a webhook. Or, you can have a small workaround that may work. Create a smart list with the filters shown below. Once created, add a daily subscription to this smart list. This way you won't get instant alerts, but a report in your inbox for duplicate leads created last day.

Lead De-dupe List.png

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Thanks Alok. Yes, this was my plan B to create a smart list subscription. I already have a weekly one, but I can change it to daily.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Alok, will this really work? What if one of the records was 180 days ago? I suppose this would return any new leads that also matched the dupe filter. I've had some issues with doing anything other than the Dupe Filter.