Forward to Friend - how to tell if someone is a FTF recipient?

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Forward to Friend - how to tell if someone is a FTF recipient?

All,

I have a client who wants to use Forward To Friend functionality.  Yippee.. Marketo has it built in πŸ™‚

I want to alter the content of the email slightly if the person is receiving it as a FTF recipient.  If it is a new lead I can do it using velocity and looking at the Person Source (i.e. does it equal 'Forward to Friend'), but what if they are an existing record?  Then what?

Also, is it possible to find the name of the person who did the Forwarding so that (e.g.) you can say 'Hiya Jo, your friend Michael thought you might find this interesting'.

Cheers

Jo

5 REPLIES 5
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Forward to Friend - how to tell if someone is a FTF recipient?

Hi @Jo_Pitts1 

Would you not want to store the F2F as a person source attribute?

So if person source is F2F -> you send version a

if person source is the rest -> you send version b

PS: I did not know you could modify the email with velocity script for F2F emails. Will definitely try to test it out.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Would you not want to store the F2F as a person source attribute?

So if person source is F2F -> you send version a

if person source is the rest -> you send version b

Not if you want to prepend text like β€œYou were forwarded this email by....β€œ You’d want to prepend that even if the person already existed in your db, since this email is the result of Forward To Friend.

SanfordWhiteman

Also, is it possible to find the name of the person who did the Forwarding so that (e.g.) you can say 'Hiya Jo, your friend Michael thought you might find this interesting'.

None of that is built-in, which is why I like to do it a different way. Let’s get on my Zoom sometime and I’ll roll through it.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Wish I can be part of the conversation @SanfordWhiteman  lol

SanfordWhiteman

Haha, weβ€˜ll share eventually but Jo & I have a recurring Zoom to toss around ideas. πŸ™‚