Re: Forms 2.0 "Custom HTML" Alternative Submitting Hidden Fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms 2.0 "Custom HTML" Alternative Submitting Hidden Fields?

We're implementing some comprehensive UTM tracking for one of our clients, using Forms 2.0. We have "Custom HTML" for the form for returning visitors. The problem is that no information is actually being resubmitted, so no fields are being updated—and our UTM concatenation (built based on last-touch UTM fields) is useless.

Has anyone dealt with this? I'd consider it a bug, and I'm trying to determine how much custom dev we need to invest to get tracking correctly. Anyone built the custom dev to rework/fake the same effect and still submit hidden fields without requiring extra prospect-has-to-type work?

- Edward 

Edward Unthank
Marketing Technology Strategist
Yesler
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Haven't tried this, but I imagine you'd need to run some sort of script to collect the data without submitting the form.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are running into this same issue. Has anyone successfully been able to submit hidden fields by embedding a second form into the Custom HTML?

Josh Hill

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don't need to add a second form.  There already is an otherwise functioning Marketo form with which you can use addHiddenFields.  I'll put this on my blog tonight and post a link.

Stephanie_Beal
Level 1

Hi Sanford - would you mind sharing your blog post on adding the hiddenfields to the custom HTML form? Thanks!