SOLVED

Re: Form with check boxes and workflow to send respective content

Go to solution
adele_briggs
Level 3

OMG it is working!!! I could cry with happiness 🤯 This is Amazing!!!

Thank you so much for your patience and guiding me through this 👊.

adele_briggs
Level 3

Is there is any way to control how the information is listed? At the moment it is wrapping the links [see image]. I can see that I might need to use “\r\n” or a (System.lineSeparator() but not sure how to incorporate it into the code.

brochure links.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I can see that I might need to use “\r\n” or a (System.lineSeparator() but not sure how to incorporate it into the code.

Don’t know why you would be thinking about a real line break? HTML uses <br> and this is HTML.

adele_briggs
Level 3

Thank you for confirming. I included at the end after the </a> <br> and that worked beautifully. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I need to build a form which has a multiple select check box. [To be used at an event to be able to send content that is relevant in a follow up email] - is this possible.

To reduce confusion for later readers, there’s no such thing as a “multiple select checkbox.“

There’s a Checkbox field type.

• That’s one checkbox, intended to be mapped to a Boolean field in the database.
  • It sets the Boolean to true or false.
  • It may be required or not required.
  • If not required but left unchecked, it sets the value to false (i.e. it always has the capacity to change the server value).

And there’s a Checkboxes field type.

• That’s one or more checkboxes, intended to be mapped to a String field.
  • It allows zero or more boxes to be checked.
  • If required, at least one box must be checked.
  • If one box is checked, the server value is set to the value attribute of that checkbox.
  • If more than one box is checked, the server value is set to the value attributes of all the checked boxes, concatenated in DOM order and separated by a semicolon (;).
  • If not required and no boxes are checked, the current server value will not be changed.

So if you’re using a Checkboxes field, the server value in Marketo could look like “oranges;apples;pears”. (If you output the {{lead.token}} for that field, you’d see that whole string.) Therefore, if you want to know which boxes were checked, you have to use a Filter with the Contains operator. Note this type of Contains match can be prone to unexpected results, so I recommend enclosing each value in some special character like a square or curly brackets. In other words, store [oranges] instead of just oranges.