SOLVED

Re: Form Validation Rule on a Single Form

Go to solution
alexmosca
Level 2

Form Validation Rule on a Single Form

Hi There,

Is there a way to set a validation rule on a single form, instead of setting the rule to span globally across all forms? We are looking to test out blocking freemail domains from being able to submit one of our forms, but do not want to set that rule to affect all other forms.

I'm aware that you can set the global rule and choose to ignore that rule on a form-by-form basis, but since we'd only like to try this on a single form, I was hoping I wouldn't have to set the rule globally and disable it on every single form in our instance other than the form we are using for our test.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Marketo calls this feature as Global Form Validation Rule, i.e., as the name suggests this feature is built with an intention to be applied globally, and with the last product update roll-out, Marketo added an ability where-in you can selectively disable this on the forms from the respective form's setting. But I don't think you'd be able to use this OOTB feature to block submissions of emails with free domains on a single/selected forms (unless of-course you disable this from all the forms' setting, which obviously  doesn't sound v. practical).

However, you can always add JS to block the free-domain email submissions on form. Check-out Sandy's response on a similar thread here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Marketo calls this feature as Global Form Validation Rule, i.e., as the name suggests this feature is built with an intention to be applied globally, and with the last product update roll-out, Marketo added an ability where-in you can selectively disable this on the forms from the respective form's setting. But I don't think you'd be able to use this OOTB feature to block submissions of emails with free domains on a single/selected forms (unless of-course you disable this from all the forms' setting, which obviously  doesn't sound v. practical).

However, you can always add JS to block the free-domain email submissions on form. Check-out Sandy's response on a similar thread here.