SOLVED

Re: Form Submission Report with Page URL?

Go to solution
Kana_Lai
Level 3

Form Submission Report with Page URL?

Hello,

We use utms on our form landing pages to track where the lead is coming from, but I'm having trouble pulling that info into a report. I'm trying to get a monthly subscription report that will tell me how many people filled out a form and what page they were on with all the utm info, but I can't seem to find anything in settings or filters that would allow me to view that info. Has anyone here set up something similar and know how to report on it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Search the Community for "last form URL" and suchlike. You can save the last page hosting a form to a flat field on the lead.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Search the Community for "last form URL" and suchlike. You can save the last page hosting a form to a flat field on the lead.

Kana_Lai
Level 3

I have utilized that for some forms before (other forms were created before I learned about it). It works great by the way, thank you for that! I was just wondering if there was a more "built-in" way that could show me all that data now vs. after I go through and add that field to the older forms. Not a huge deal though.

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

For older forms, you'd need to backfill by doing an Activity Log export using the API, then reimport to lead fields.

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

If you use flat field on the lead, you will be able to capture only the last form URL. Consider a scenario where the same person has filled out multiple pages on same day or lest say within a Month (it's quite possible). Now the "last form URL" filed will be overridden every time, the user fill out a form. The solution should be something that will allow you to track the URL for reach form fill.

I have faced similar kind of issues to track UTM parameters and the solution that I found is to do some customization within Marketo and SFDC allowing us to track activity level UTM parameter. In simple word, what we did was:

• Created new custom fields on lead/contact and campaign member in SFDC
  • Once the lead/contact fields have been synced with marketo, added these newly created fields on marketo web-forms and started capturing the utm data
  • Created program in Marketo for each campaign and sync the program with a dedicated SFDC campaign
  • Once the lead sycn to SFDC from marketo and become a member of SFDC campaign, we copied the last touch UTM values on the campaign member
  • This way, we were able to capture the UTM values for each form fill on campaign member in SFDC itself
  • Created "Campaign with Campaign member" report in SFDC to see the results group by different UTM values

In addition to the UTM parameters, you can also capture "referral URL" and "Current" URL" as well, right on the camapign member can get automated reports.We did a few more additional things for this. I'm writing a blog on this and will share the link here as soon as it's ready. In the meantime, let me know if you think this is what exactly you need and have any question.

Regards,

Amit

SanfordWhiteman

You don't have to keep only the last touch in Marketo; you can store a timeseries of touches on custom objects in Marketo, in a multivalued JSON field, or in multiple fields. But the question did refer to only one field!

SFDC campaign member fields can definitely allow for awesome reporting in SFDC....but it requires.SFDC (which wasn't stated as part of the available tech stack).

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

I agree, we can store the data in Marketo custom object but storing this data in Marketo CO requires API development effort and not sure if everyone has that capability and wanted to go that rout. I understand that this should be ideal but this is complicated and have dependencies on other teams. In addition to this, yes, we can store the data in a multi valued JSON field but again it will be a challenge to report on that. I would not go with multiple fields here as there can be hundreds of touch points for a single person.

You are right, SFDC was not mentioned in original question here. I just mentioned what setup we did for similar problem with SFDC. Even if they do not use SFDC, it will give them some new perspective, how this can be done outside of Marketo with less development effort.

Regards,
Amit