Form shows previous form fill information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form shows previous form fill information

Hi, I noticed a Marketo form on my client's site is showing previous submission data from OTHER people...

I was looking at the form fill page and it prepopulated information from someone completely different than me. It showed their name, email, job title, etc....

Please advise why a Marketo form would do this and how to get rid of it, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form shows previous form fill information

This is done with cookie data.  So you need to clear cache to remove the data.

You can disable form fill at the form settings page

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Ryan,

Assuming you're talking about a Marketo-hosted LP, this feature is called Form PreFill (and must not be confused with Progressive Profiling). It can be enabled/disabled at 3 different levels: for your whole instance in the Admin section, for an individual form field in Form Editor, and for an LP in LP editor.

The reason you may see unexpected data is if someone has forwarded or tested an email on a computer other than the original recipient's device(s).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ryan, I would not clear the browser's entire cache or cookie store just to fix this. That can wreak havoc on the lead's stored credentials on other sites and leave a very unhappy camper. The only cookie that needs to be deleted is the cookie `_mkt_trk` for the current site.

Also, while cookies are used to assist with PreFill across page views, PreFill doesn't fully depend on cookies. For example, a clicked email link will enable PreFill before any cookies are set.