Re: Form prefill issues on SSL since Pre-Fill Feature Upgrade

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

This is actually still an issue for me... but for me, it seems to be google chrome incognito related... 

Can anyone else please test?

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

We have not seen any reproducible issues. Can you tell me how you are testing?

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

It seems like a Chrome browser issue (both normal browsing and incognito) that happens if you're already cookied as person A and you click an email link for person B.

I've tested this in firefox and haven't had the same issue.

It's not an email client issue - I reversed the link click order and am still getting pre-fill failure

Methodology:

Email asset:

pastedImage_1.png

Landing page and form asset:

pastedImage_2.png

Smart campaign to send the emails:

pastedImage_3.png

Email received as person A in gmail:

pastedImage_4.png

Clicked on link and form is pre-filling on landing page as intended

pastedImage_5.png

Email received as person B in outlook 365

pastedImage_6.png

Clicked on link and form is not pre-filling on landing page as intended

pastedImage_7.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In case of a mismatch between the already-associated person and the person linked to the mkt_tok, you shouldn't expect Pre-Fill to work.

I find it vanishingly unlikely that this could be a User-Agent issue, because Marketo would have to be specifically reacting to the Chrome U-A (that's all it knows during the initial HTTP request). I mean, not impossible, but low on the list...

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Ok, you're right. Looks like the reason the above worked in Firefox private browsing was because Firefox doesn't store cookies. Guess it is working as intended.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Good to figure it out either way. I know one can get paranoid when there was one (intended) regression and see others that aren't there!

(Same happened to me above in fact -- the instance where I thought I'd repro'd the behavior actually was a form that had Pre-Fill disabled at the field level. Serves me right for not creating a new form in that case.)