SOLVED

Re: Form Prefill Functionality is not working in embed form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Prefill Functionality is not working in embed form

Hi

I have used the embed code of the form in the marketo LP and to prefill the form I am using rest API's of the marketo but I am getting the error " No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin is therefore not allowed access.".

Please let me know if anyone has solved this type of problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I have used the embed code of the form in the marketo LP and to prefill the form I am using rest API's of the marketo but I am getting the error " No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Never, ever, ever even think about exposing the REST API directly from a webpage.  The security and reliability consequences are absurd.  Honestly, you should shut down your web presence before considering this.

In your case, there's no need to consider this.  If it's a Marketo LP using the embed code instead of a named Form element (not advisable, but you can do it if you insist) then you can for the most part fill the form using tokens:

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

form.setValues({

LastName : "{{Lead.Last Name}}"

});

});

Also be aware that multiple Marketo forms with the same ID on the same page have subtle problems (yes, even if one of them is set to display: none;). You can check some of my posts here for pointers.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify. Are you using the embed code in a Marketo LP or in a Web Page? You don't need an embed code to display a Marketo form in a Marketo LP, just add a form: Landing Page with a Form - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Then you select the option to prefill the form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the embed code in marketo LP because I am working on some functionality which requires 2 same form with a different layout in desktop and mobile view which is not possible in adding the form functionality.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please send us a link or clearer explanation.

• Marketo hosted Landing Page must use the native Form
  • Embed code is for external sites. This code does not support all functions like prefill.
  • Custom Form - you can write code to do special things, but that's up to you.
  • CSS Mods - if you are having trouble with responsive, then you need CSS and other mods. You shouldn't need to re-code the entire Form.
SanfordWhiteman

I have used the embed code of the form in the marketo LP and to prefill the form I am using rest API's of the marketo but I am getting the error " No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

Never, ever, ever even think about exposing the REST API directly from a webpage.  The security and reliability consequences are absurd.  Honestly, you should shut down your web presence before considering this.

In your case, there's no need to consider this.  If it's a Marketo LP using the embed code instead of a named Form element (not advisable, but you can do it if you insist) then you can for the most part fill the form using tokens:

form.setValues({

LastName : "{{Lead.Last Name}}"

});

});

Also be aware that multiple Marketo forms with the same ID on the same page have subtle problems (yes, even if one of them is set to display: none;). You can check some of my posts here for pointers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Sanford.

Could you please help me to assign the checkbox values also.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford, Do you have a suggestion on where to use form.setValues() within the 2-step-form script you created (which is working great btw)? I really only need to pre-populate the first form if that would make a difference.

SanfordWhiteman

Which one is that?  Can you open a new thread and point to your running code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Working for me so far here,

/* --- NO NEED TO TOUCH ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE */

// utility fns

var injectMktoForm = function(parentEl, insertBeforeEl, instanceHost, munchkinId, formid, onReady) {

var formEl = document.createElement('FORM');

formEl.id = 'mktoForm_' + formid;

try {

parentEl.insertBefore(formEl, insertBeforeEl)

} catch (e) {

parentEl.appendChild(formEl)

}

MktoForms2.loadForm.apply(MktoForms2, Array.prototype.slice.apply(arguments, [2]));

}

form.setValues({ 

LastName : "{{Lead.Last Name}}",

FirstName : "{{Lead.First Name}}",

Company: "{{Company.Company Name}}",

Email: "{{Lead.Email Address}}",

Phone: "{{Lead.Phone Number}}"

}); 

});

var ejectElement = function(formEl) {

formEl.parentNode.removeChild(formEl);