SOLVED

Re: Form Pre-fill clears upon refresh, but still considered known visitor?

Go to solution
cagarwal
Level 3

Form Pre-fill clears upon refresh, but still considered known visitor?

Our landing page shows a preference center that automatically pre-fills a form when a customer visits from a link in an email. When accessed directly (without mkt_tok), we display a sign-in form. This is done with Known Visitor HTML settings as discussed on this thread

When I refresh the page as a known visitor, the pre-fill disappears, but I don't see the sign-in form. This brings me to somewhere in between - a known visitor with no pre-filled preference center form, nor a sign-in form.

What can I do to make this more predictable? It would be best to show the pre-filled form if refreshed, but if that is not possible with how Munchkin works, show a sign-in form instead.

To replicate this issue, please try the following: 

1. Click on this link to load pre-filled Marketo Form (preferably in an incognito browser). 
  2. Refresh the page (the values will clear, but sign in form would not load)
CA
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well, Marketo's form prefill does not work without a mkt_tok parameter in the URL which is added when users click tracked links in the Marketo emails. If you have implemented Sandy's form prefill solution on your web-page, did you make sure you have all the fields used on the preference center page correctly added with apt tokens on the DTP page?

I think implementing the form prefill for the known people would be a better option in terms of the overall user experience than navigating them to the sign-in page only to come back to the preferences form via the tracked link in the email.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks for assistance here! This page is hosted on a Marketo Free-form LP with embed code added in a Custom HTML box. I don't believe we're using Sandy's DTP method.

You’d need to use it in order to get the effect you want. Otherwise — like Darshil says — you’re limited only to native Pre-Fill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

Well, Marketo's form prefill does not work without a mkt_tok parameter in the URL which is added when users click tracked links in the Marketo emails. If you have implemented Sandy's form prefill solution on your web-page, did you make sure you have all the fields used on the preference center page correctly added with apt tokens on the DTP page?

I think implementing the form prefill for the known people would be a better option in terms of the overall user experience than navigating them to the sign-in page only to come back to the preferences form via the tracked link in the email.

cagarwal
Level 3

Hi @Darshil_Shah1,

Thanks for assistance here! This page is hosted on a Marketo Free-form LP with embed code added in a Custom HTML box. I don't believe we're using Sandy's DTP method.

CA
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You’d need to use it in order to get the effect you want. Otherwise — like Darshil says — you’re limited only to native Pre-Fill.

cagarwal
Level 3

Built this and tested it out - works great now! Also plugged this with Not You? link tutorial on Sandy's blog and it added the much needed shine on the page. Thank you @SanfordWhiteman @Darshil_Shah1!

CA
Darshil_Shah1

Awesome!