Form picklist needs to update when the values are changed in CRM

Lindsey_Havens
Level 1

Form picklist needs to update when the values are changed in CRM

I would like to suggest a product modification to the forms/picklist values in Marketo. I made a critical update in a picklist in Salesforce and expected that to auto-populate on  any forms where that field is referenced. That did not happen.

In order for the picklist to update you have to go in and remove the field and re-add it to the form, creating a ton of duplicate work. Here's some more material where it's outlined: https://nation.marketo.com/blogs/marketowhisperer/2016/03/28/using-a-sfdc-picklist-field-in-a-market...

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Form picklist needs to update when the values are changed in CRM

HI Lindsey,

Please enter it in the idea section. Then people will be able to vote.

BtW, search first the community, it may already exist.

Second point, I would recommend, if you do not do so, that you used shared forms.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a good one that I would vote for

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'd vote for this as an option -- but it must not be turned on by default on existing forms.  The list of fields in a <SELECT> frequently is a subset of the official underlying picklist fields, so you can't just start populating them all automatically.

Also, sometimes the fields in a <SELECT> include fields that aren't in the picklist at all. These must not be silently deleted.

Overall, a worthy addition, but it needs to be a new feature, not a change to existing default behavior.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And also as well, often, the displayed values in picklist are different from the store values (to make them user friendly, or to translate them in other languages). Making it automated could create some very undesirable effect

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I wouldn't think it would operate on friendly names at all as that would be such a disaster!

Lindsey_Havens
Level 1

Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions. @Greg - there is already an existing idea, thank you. I appreciate the suggestion for shared forms but I can't use them though b/c i embed forms on non-marketo pages b/c Marketo's design functionality (for non-coders) is abhorrent. Jamie and Sanford - you can vote for the picklist idea here:

Thanks!

Lindsey