Form on Non-Marketo Page Reloading Form on Submission

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Form on Non-Marketo Page Reloading Form on Submission

We are experiencing an issue with a non-marketo page with an embedded form. I complete the form, hit submit, and the form reappears. The form submission is being logged in my record's activity log, but I don't see the thank you message. 

Any ideas?

We tried removing the Known Users HTML and that did not fix the problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form on Non-Marketo Page Reloading Form on Submission

We are experiencing an issue with a non-marketo page with an embedded form. I complete the form, hit submit, and the form reappears. The form submission is being logged in my record's activity log, but I don't see the thank you message. 

That’s the default behavior with any Marketo form. “Stay on page” means “refresh the current page”.

If you’re trying to use a Thank You message instead, then you must have custom JS — and that JS must be broken, so it’s bypassed.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Does the custom JS need to be on the form's custom html or the page itself? We use Sitecore. 

more detail on how things are set up:

1. form fill
  2. person added to list
  3. sitecore checks if person is on list via list ID
  4. page should show download button if person is member of list

However, there seems to be a delay in the list ID check and so the form is reappearing, thinking the person did not complete the form. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Does the custom JS need to be on the form's custom html or the page itself? We use Sitecore. 

We recommend the page itself. Putting it on the form is extra fragile.