SOLVED

Re: Form fill out - triggered campaign based on answer on one of the questions

Go to solution
Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Tom,

I Do not believe this will work with two triggers, as it is a OR between triggers, and a AND between filters (even if you select ALL filters).

In that case, it would be anyone who fills out the form OR answers No who will be unsubscribed.

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Hey Tom and Emmanuelle - thanks for your help. 

I think if I stick with the fills out form trigger it should work.  I created this field specifically for this survey, so no one else will qualify for this outside of those that fill out the form.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Filter logic doesn't work with triggers.  Triggers work independently from one another (as long as one trigger is true, the smart list moves on to evaluate the filters (and filter logic).  I think what Tom meant was a Fills Out Form trigger along with a DVC filter.  But that will qualify anyone who fills out the form and has ever had a DVC in that field.  Better off using the actual attribute like Jennifer has above.

Per Tom's other question on the DVC trigger, Marketo will properly evaluate the change - even if the initial value is NULL.  The only time DVC does not work is for new leads that are created.  You cannot use DVC triggers here.  Instead, you need to use a combo of "person is created" trigger and the field attribute filter (is FALSE).

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

You're right - thanks for correcting. A lead will qualify if it meets ANY of those triggers; it's not possible for a lead to qualify for 2 or more triggers in a smart list.

Tom Kerlin
Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hello,

Yes it would be what you proposed, but with Fills out form as a trigger (not filled out form) (if you want this to be a dynamic list)

And as Dan said, if the leads had previously this field as No as a value, they would also qualify for the change data value.

Emma