Form Fields Not Populating on Person Record

jrapp
Level 2

Form Fields Not Populating on Person Record

Hi All,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  I have a form built for a customer request a quote which is capturing 80% of fields correctly.  However, the address fields are not pushing through from the form to the person record.

The form:

jrapp_0-1677691639062.png

Person Created via Form Submission

jrapp_1-1677691688671.png

I have visibility rules disabled and Mask Input Disabled. 

Any ideas?  Happy to answer any follow up questions - thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Form Fields Not Populating on Person Record

Could you check the Filled out Form activity in the person activity log to see whether the data was posted successfully to Marketo? Do you see no data for that field in the activity as well?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The first place to look is the Activity Log. Please show the details of the Filled Out Form activity. I suspect you have blocked field updates for those fields, not that they’re not being sent.

jrapp
Level 2

jrapp_0-1677693718443.png

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Need the details of the Filled Out Form (click the activity ID). Those are other (unrelated) changes.

jrapp
Level 2

Sorry about that.  Hopefully this is the right one!

jrapp_0-1677696439917.png

Here are the details of the nulling out down the line as well.

jrapp_0-1677696614691.png

Darshil_Shah1

As you could see in the form fill activity, the data for Address (L) field is coming in from the form post, but it is getting nulled by the SFDC (in the snap 2), see the New Value = Empty, Old Value = "6666 Test Drive", and the source for this activity is SFDC. You'd want to look into the SFDC as to why data is getting NULLed out. You're good on the form-setup as far as populating data in the Address (L) field is concerned from the form submit.

Darshil_Shah1

I suspect that the source you mentioned in snapshot 1 is nulling the Address (L) field's data submitted on the form (but can't say for sure, as this is an unrelated activity from the form submit activity, as Sandy said in his comment above). Could you verify if the initial value in the Address (L) field, i.e., "666 Test Drive" for this person was populated from the form-fill and if there aren't any other change data value activities for the Address (L) field between this and the filled out form activity?