SOLVED

Form fields for leads and contacts

Go to solution
Diego_Villamiza
Level 2

Form fields for leads and contacts

Currently the sales team don't want their contacts to get updated via certain Marketo forms so for it we have the custom HTML for known visitor however the challenge begins when those contacts don't have their cookies installed(either refused or non existing). Is there's functionality or script that allow me to show certain fields in a form for leads lead or contacts no depending on the cookie?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Re: Form fields for leads and contacts

Hello Diego Villamizar‌,

Currently the sales team don't want their contacts to get updated via certain Marketo forms

• To get more clarity here; is the requirement for just some Marketo forms and not all forms?

You could explore creating helper fields to use on forms.  Set up campaigns to copy data from helper fields to real fields in flow steps if conditions are met in smart list triggers and filters, and in choice steps in flow steps. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

... to show certain fields in a form for leads lead or contacts no depending on the cookie?

Do you mean if they don't have an associated session (it's better to say this than "no cookie", since you can have a fully-functioning Munchkin cookie but still be anonymous in that session) you want to show a limited set of fields? Your requirements aren't quite clear.

Diego_Villamiza
Level 2

Seems like the previous comments were not saved.

Doesn't really make sense because in the absence of an associated session (whether due to a clicked link or previously filled out form *in the current browser) how would you know the type? 

That's exactly my question. Is there a solution to identify people in a situation like the one you just mentioned? 

I have reiteratively said this is not possible but I would like to know if there's a workaround for this at which @Oz_Platero  gave me a possible solution however I do feel this can become cumbersome as we currently have multiple partitions.

Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello Diego Villamizar‌,

Currently the sales team don't want their contacts to get updated via certain Marketo forms

• To get more clarity here; is the requirement for just some Marketo forms and not all forms?

You could explore creating helper fields to use on forms.  Set up campaigns to copy data from helper fields to real fields in flow steps if conditions are met in smart list triggers and filters, and in choice steps in flow steps.