Re: Form Field Auto Complete on Mobile Devices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Field Auto Complete on Mobile Devices

Hi Community:

I saw this article this morning, http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.ca/2015/03/helping-users-fill-out-online-forms.html, on the Google Webmaster Central Blog about Helping Users Fill Out Online Forms.

It incldues the autocomplete tag, and I was wondering if Marketo supports this feature already or if I would need to go into the form's code (where can I find that by the way) and add the code for autocomplete on mobile devices.

Thanks!

Kirk
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe this is supported natively, but it would be very cool if it was! Good to post as an idea. 

If you insert your form into an LP, then view the source code of the LP, you could grab the form's code, modify it with the auto-complete markup, and then paste it as an HTML code block into your LP. 

I believe I've done something similar before in other contexts but test it out to make sure it works as expected. Would be great to hear if you get this working. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We coincidentally had this same question about this same article today. I'll be working with our developers to see if we can get this to work and I'll report back to this thread.

CC Justin Norris

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Sounds like this hasn't been natively integrated yet.

Question: if i embed my form on a Marketo page, can I just use something like this to append it?

var email = document.getElementById("Email");

email.setAttribute("autocomplete","email");

Robb Barrett
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure, doesn't matter if it's on a Marketo LP or not.  Put it in MktoForms2.whenReady. I demoed this in a Community post at some point.