SOLVED

Form Checkbox Not Appearing on Marketo Landing Page

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Form Checkbox Not Appearing on Marketo Landing Page

Hello,

I have added a Marketo form to a custom Marketo landing page that was built by an outside development team. 

The form uses the Dark Theme and I am applying custom code to modify the button's color and alignment on the form. 

The main problem I am having with the form is that the checkbox is not appearing in the form when placed on the landing page.

Please see screenshots below of both the form as it appears on the landing page and the form in preview mode with the dark theme.

Form On LP:

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.34.34 PM.png

Preview of Form in Marketo with Dark Theme:

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.39.56 PM.png

I am thinking that the checkbox isn't appearing on the page because no styling is being applied to it, like shadow or borders. But I'm not sure. If that is the case, how would I add a border/shadow to the checkbox to make it show up?

.mktoButton {
  background: {{Lead.Brand Secondary Color}} !important;
  color: #ffffff !important;
  border-color: none !important;
  box-shadow: none !important;
  font-size: 16px !important;
  padding: 0.625rem 1.125rem !important;
  line-height: 1.5 !important;
  border-radius: 0.2rem !important;
  font-weight: 700 !important;
  font-family: 'Helvetica' !important;
  text-shadow: none !important;
}

.mktoButton:hover {
  background: {{Lead.Brand Secondary Color}} !important;
  color: #ffffff !important;
  border-color: none !important;
}

.mktoForm {
  width:100% !important;
}
.mktoFormRow, .mktoFieldWrap, .mktoButtonRow {
}
.mktoForm input[type=url], 
.mktoForm input[type=text], 
.mktoForm input[type=date], 
.mktoForm input[type=tel], 
.mktoForm input[type=email], 
.mktoForm input[type=number], 
.mktoForm textarea.mktoField, 
.mktoForm select.mktoField {

}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Re: Form Checkbox Not Appearing on Marketo Landing Page

Hey LK,

Here's a bit of code I put together in the inspector to work out both issues (checkbox and button center). From what I could see there are a few conflicts with the "arr_style.css" file and a few issues w/ the dark theme css from Marketo that were messing with the checkbox display. It does look like you've got both a :before AND :after checkbox pseudo-element setup in the css and I've just display those "none" to get rid of them here (you could also find that CSS and remove it). 

At the very bottom of the code, there's a line to center the button on the form - this works by displaying the button wrapper as an inline-block (think paragraph block) and then aligning the "text" (eg the button) to center inside the wrapper which should help with the 2nd part of this question here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/button-not-centering-in-marketo-form/m-p/314532/hi...

/* override css on arr_style.css which display:none the radio and checkbox inputs */
form.mktoForm .mktoRadioList > input, form.mktoForm .mktoCheckboxList > input {
    display: block !important;
}
/* override theme css: the dark theme sets the checkbox and radio to opacity:0; */
form.mktoForm input[type=checkbox], form.mktoForm input[type=radio] {
    opacity: 1; 
}
/* hide the :before and :after checkbox:checked characters */
.mktoForm input[type=checkbox]:checked + label:before, .mktoForm input[type=checkbox]:checked + label:after  {
    display: none;
}

/* center form button - display wrapper as inline block and center button w/ text-align */
form.mktoForm .mktoButtonWrap {
    display: inline-block;
    text-align: center;
}

Here's a look at what Im seeing when adding this CSS in the inspector. 

css applied in the browser dev consolecss applied in the browser dev console

... and here's a look at some context for the overrides - the new rules are at the top and the arrows point to the rules they are overriding.

a look at the css overrides and where the display issues are coming froma look at the css overrides and where the display issues are coming from

Let me know if you've got any questions about how to get this into play and/or if there's anything else I can help out with here to get the styling setup the way you'd prefer to see it.

Thanks,
Dave

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form Checkbox Not Appearing on Marketo Landing Page and Button Not Centering

Can you split this into 2 posts please? These questions may be answered by different people.

Also, for the first question, impossible to look into without a URL.
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Re: Form Checkbox Not Appearing on Marketo Landing Page and Button Not Centering

Yes, I will do so.

Please see the landing page here: http://promos.ovstravel.com/IM---Operational-Testing-Program_SMS-Test-Landing-Page.html

Thank you,

LK

Guitarrista82
Level 6

I'm also noticing that there appear to be two checkboxes...I did add CSS styling to the LP Template to customize the checkbox, so not sure if that actually ended up creating an extra checkbox or what.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 2.41.55 PM.png

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Hey LK,

Here's a bit of code I put together in the inspector to work out both issues (checkbox and button center). From what I could see there are a few conflicts with the "arr_style.css" file and a few issues w/ the dark theme css from Marketo that were messing with the checkbox display. It does look like you've got both a :before AND :after checkbox pseudo-element setup in the css and I've just display those "none" to get rid of them here (you could also find that CSS and remove it). 

At the very bottom of the code, there's a line to center the button on the form - this works by displaying the button wrapper as an inline-block (think paragraph block) and then aligning the "text" (eg the button) to center inside the wrapper which should help with the 2nd part of this question here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/button-not-centering-in-marketo-form/m-p/314532/hi...

/* override css on arr_style.css which display:none the radio and checkbox inputs */
form.mktoForm .mktoRadioList > input, form.mktoForm .mktoCheckboxList > input {
    display: block !important;
}
/* override theme css: the dark theme sets the checkbox and radio to opacity:0; */
form.mktoForm input[type=checkbox], form.mktoForm input[type=radio] {
    opacity: 1; 
}
/* hide the :before and :after checkbox:checked characters */
.mktoForm input[type=checkbox]:checked + label:before, .mktoForm input[type=checkbox]:checked + label:after  {
    display: none;
}

/* center form button - display wrapper as inline block and center button w/ text-align */
form.mktoForm .mktoButtonWrap {
    display: inline-block;
    text-align: center;
}

Here's a look at what Im seeing when adding this CSS in the inspector. 

css applied in the browser dev consolecss applied in the browser dev console

... and here's a look at some context for the overrides - the new rules are at the top and the arrows point to the rules they are overriding.

a look at the css overrides and where the display issues are coming froma look at the css overrides and where the display issues are coming from

Let me know if you've got any questions about how to get this into play and/or if there's anything else I can help out with here to get the styling setup the way you'd prefer to see it.

Thanks,
Dave

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much! I was at a loss for how to fix these issues. I really appreciate your help. Maybe this will help others in the future who run into similar issues. 🙂

Here's a screenshot of the "fixed form":

updated form.png

Thanks again!

LK