Re: Form 2.0 where is the clear button? how can I align right ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 2.0 where is the clear button? how can I align right ?

The new Form 2.0 editor is great.
What I am missing though is the clear button and the option to align the form labels right.
How can I solve this?
kind regards,
Moritz

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortiz,

I think they axed the clear button, and for good reason. It is a usability nightmare (see this post) and has disappeared from the web along with spinning hit counters and animated construction GIFs.

You should be able to align labels right by editing the CSS of a particular form theme.

Unless your subscription to Marketo just started, you should still have access to Forms 1.0 if you need things to behave the same way.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Not sure why you need a clear button - it distracts the user from the CTA. I haven't seen one of these in years.
John_Wolf1
Level 3

We have multiple brands and subscriptions -- it's great to use the Clear button as an "Unsubscribe From All" option.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugg they removed it.. Well the most obvious and most used case for this button is a Lead Capture form.

People will be using a form at tradeshows and such to enter in leads that get written down on lead cards or however they gain the data. Not everyone is using the ipad app as most companies need more info and the process is very different. So having a easy drag on clear button would have been nice. 

Not the biggest problem in the world as I'm a developer, but probably not the easiest for a regular Marketo user.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Michael,

The preferred method for lead capture forms it to clear your _mkto_trk cookie before loading the form to prevent prefill from ocurring.  This is only an issue for forms on Marketo landing pages.  If you're using the embed code for your form, I recommend this method: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/clearing-marketo-tracking-cookie-from-forms-2-0-submission/
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are using a Marketo form for Lead Capture at a tradeshow as John described. A Clear button would have been preferred. I found I can clear the form in Forms 2.0 by selecting Edit Form Settings on the landing page and unselecting Prefill Form. That seems to work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya Kevin, I simply wrote JS around my own button .