SOLVED

Re: Finding leads who were skipped in the "Add to Engagement Program" activity

Go to solution
Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Finding leads who were skipped in the "Add to Engagement Program" activity

I have a Smart Campaign with two flow steps, Add to Engagement Program and Add to List.  I made some changes recently that seem to be causing problems.  Changes included adding the Add to List flow step and changing the campaign settings to allow someone to run through the flow only once - previously it was once every six months.  I've realized there are now a number of people who are requalifying for the engagement program but are being skipped (which is good), but are still getting added to my list (not good).

For example, in this lead's activity log, I want to prevent the "Add to List" activity if the "Add to Engagement Program" is "Skipped: Person Already in Engagement Program."

Megan_Koelemay_1-1638387103857.png

Is there a way to update my Smart Campaign's Smart List so it doesn't capture people who already qualified for the engagement program in the past?  I can't find a filter with a constraint that allows me to look at the detail/reason of "Skipped: Person Already in Engagement Program."

Alternatively, is there a way in the flow steps to identify the people who were skipped and remove them from my list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Megan, here's an idea:

Create a smart list with Member of Engagement Program is true, Program is [the relevant engagement program]

Move the Add to List flow step to the top (flow step 1), and add a flow step choice:

1. If Member of Smart List in [the smart list you just created] > Do Nothing
  2. (Default Choice) List Name is [the relevant static list]

Then have Add to Engagement Program as flow step 2.

What this would do is skip people who were previously members in the engagement program and not log an Add to List activity again. New people aren't added to the engagement program until after they're added to the list, so that's how you're able to distinguish between new and existing program members.

Hope this helps!

Beth

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Megan, here's an idea:

Create a smart list with Member of Engagement Program is true, Program is [the relevant engagement program]

Move the Add to List flow step to the top (flow step 1), and add a flow step choice:

1. If Member of Smart List in [the smart list you just created] > Do Nothing
  2. (Default Choice) List Name is [the relevant static list]

Then have Add to Engagement Program as flow step 2.

What this would do is skip people who were previously members in the engagement program and not log an Add to List activity again. New people aren't added to the engagement program until after they're added to the list, so that's how you're able to distinguish between new and existing program members.

Hope this helps!

Beth

Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Brilliant, @Beth_Massura!  Thanks so much!