SOLVED

Re: Find stressfull action for Marketo and the CRM sync

Go to solution
ggerla
Level 4

Find stressfull action for Marketo and the CRM sync

Recently I had a discussion internally with the SFDC team, trying to understand how we can leverage the stress for the system in terms of sync.

Generally speaking, I think it could be useful to understand which elements, outside the synchronization with the CRM, are stressful for Marketo. Such as triggers that are duplicated or the ones that are really heavy, bulk actions that are running too many times without targeting people.

An example that I recently found: could it make sense, instead of having 10 triggers that were evaluating the same field change and doing 10 different actions, to have 1 trigger and execute 10 different campaigns?

is there an easy way to get this kind of performance report? Do I need to contact the support if they can provide this kind of stuff? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, that's the way to think about it. I believe there were some blog posts and old Marketo Summit presentations on this. I'll try to summarize.

• Reduce triggers overall.  You can look at the Campaign Queue and the Campaign List button to sort through that and then shut down old triggers or evaluate how to reconsider this.
  • Centralize common processing like main Lead Flow or Lifecycle or Scoring.
  • DVC and List Adds are the most notorious system hogs.
  • Balance and plan for mass data updates upstream from marketo or on Marketo's side
  • Watch out for Segmentations that could be impacted by mass data changes.
  • Prioritization of System Flow Steps - please do a quick search for this. I believe it is part of the docs now (used to be semi secret) - for example an Email Flow Step at the top of the smart campaign will prioritize it up....and you can use the new prioritization features to manage which processors should go first.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, that's the way to think about it. I believe there were some blog posts and old Marketo Summit presentations on this. I'll try to summarize.

• Reduce triggers overall.  You can look at the Campaign Queue and the Campaign List button to sort through that and then shut down old triggers or evaluate how to reconsider this.
  • Centralize common processing like main Lead Flow or Lifecycle or Scoring.
  • DVC and List Adds are the most notorious system hogs.
  • Balance and plan for mass data updates upstream from marketo or on Marketo's side
  • Watch out for Segmentations that could be impacted by mass data changes.
  • Prioritization of System Flow Steps - please do a quick search for this. I believe it is part of the docs now (used to be semi secret) - for example an Email Flow Step at the top of the smart campaign will prioritize it up....and you can use the new prioritization features to manage which processors should go first.