Find duplicate assets

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Find duplicate assets

Hello Everyone,

I tried cloning a program that contained emails to another workspace. Unfortunately I kept getting the error message that the 'assets are already in use'

I deleted the draft copy and any other elements from the email that may be present. I still receive the error.

Is there a way to check for duplicates of an email or a landing page? It would be easier to delete the copies that way.

Thank you all!

10 REPLIES 10
Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

Re: Find duplicate assets

I saw this come up recently with another client and the error message is really incorrect. The reason you are seeing this is because the assets depend on templates which have not been shared to the destination workspace. To resolve you will need to share the templates (email templates and/or landing page templates) over to the destination workspace first. More reading: Understanding Workspaces and Person Partitions - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Hello Tracey!

Thank you for your response!

But here is the confusion, another email was created with the same template 3 weeks ago and it does not have any issues. It could be cloned with no issues too.

It is only with the second email that I am facing this issue 😕

I am totally stumped.

Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

You said you cloned an email a few weeks ago. But now you are trying to clone an entire program. I would double check all the assets (all emails and all landing pages) in the program you are trying to clone and check which template they are using and make sure all those templates are shared with the destination workspace. Maybe one of the emails in the program uses a different template or maybe the landing page template isn't shared. Also check the other items that those assets rely on (images and files) to make sure they are also shared with the destination workspace. If you check all this and still can't figure it out I would submit a ticket with support and have them look at it for you. 

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Hello Tracey,

Turns out the issue was with snippets not being shared. Thank you for your suggestion! It really did work.

Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

Fantastic! Glad you got it figured out! Could you do me a favor and mark this thread as answered so it shows up accurately in searches for other users? 

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Hi Tracey,

Sure, could you please tell me where I can do it? It is in actions?

Tracey_Bartz1
Level 5

There should be a button that says "Mark Correct" at the top right of each reply in the thread. You'll just click that on whichever reply ultimately helped you solve the problem. 

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Have you checked to make sure the asset is not being referenced in any smart campaigns within the program? For example, clear out the email name in the flow step "Send Email". After you clone, add the email back in the flow.

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Hello Nicholas,

I have not added the flow step yet. I just finished designing the email which I tried cloning to a different workspace.