SOLVED

Re: Fills Out Form with Webpage contraint

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I've done both of those things...and when I take off the webpage constraint, the form works just fine. 

We are about to launch a new website, so my old website is the one currently hooked up to Marketo...so the new site, in dev, is a third party site to Marketo right now. It seems that I can't use that webpage filter for a third party site. It works just fine when I use the filter for forms and pages that are on my current site, but as soon as I change the web constraint to the dev site, it stops working. 

I'm guessing I'll just have to quickly test all of the smartlists as soon as the site goes live, because I don't want to create a separate (and identical) form for every single webpage so I can get around this issue for the dev site. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laura,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue - I want to be able to distinguish which page the form was on, so I can send separate Thank You for Downloading emails. But, when I use the Web Page constraint, the URL won't populate, and there are no drop-down options. I've tried removing the http, but it didn't work. I've already filled out the form on that page. The landing page is a Marketo page. Still, it seems like regardless of what I put in the blank, I get a warning.

pastedImage_0.png

Are there any other suggestions or workarounds for this happening?!

Thank you Marketo Community,

Taylor

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still not working for me.  I have one form on multiple non-Marketo landing pages, and when I use the Filled Out Form, Add Contraint - Webpage, and whether it has "http://" or "www." in it or not, it still does not find the URL.  I have filled out the form on the page several times (as have other people in the past, I'm updating this form), and it still cannot find the URL.

Any help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're having the same issue. Any help here, please? This is very important, as we use a single form across multiple non-Marketo landing pages.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Look at the Activity Log for a new lead.  Click the Filled Out Form activity. What's the web page shown there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It turns out that Marketo takes several hours to catch on to the non-Marketo landing pages. With munchkin code properly inserted on a non-Marketo page, this does work, but 1) you do in fact need to fill out the form from the live URL, and 2) you need to wait several hours for Marketo to catch up.

Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Monica!

So the easiest way I've found to get around this issue is to make the filter Web Page "contains" instead of "is"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using "Querystring" or "Web Page"? Web Page only has "is" and "is not."  Also, do you put the full URL for contains?  Thank you for your response!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I ask is because my Campaigns to send an email alert that someone has filled out the form already had "querystring" contains -> the full URL.  (a non-marketo landing page).  It's been like that for at least a month, and no emails have come through.  I'm worried about how many form fills we have missed.

Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Monica,

There is a filter called "Referrer URL" Have you tried this as a constraint? You can use the contains filter here as well.