Re: Fills out form trigger constraint for web page does not work

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Fills out form trigger constraint for web page does not work

Hello Everyone,

I need your help on this one.  We have a contact us form that us used multiple times on our across our website.  The same form ID.  We want to be able to drag a token into an alert to specify what webpage the form was filled out on.  

Our Problem
The form is on external webpages but when we try and add a fills out form trigger to the program and specify a webpage constraint the trigger does not recognize the webpage.  No webpages pop up in the constraint.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

They will not. You need to paste in the URL w/o the Http:// and use CONTAINS
You can also use Querystring constraint.

The token you should use is {{trigger.Name}} as long as the trigger is Fills Out Form.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have the option Contains for Web Page, just Is or is not

Dan_Stevens_

We use the "referrer" constraint here as it's more reliable than "webpage":

pastedImage_0.png

We specify exactly which pages this form is triggered on since this smart campaign is defined at the program level.  This, for example, is a program to track activity for a specific piece of content.  And our alerts are structured as follows:

pastedImage_1.png

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hey Josh,

Could you send a screenshot by any chance of an example?
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hello again,

{{trigger.Name}} pulls in the form's name and not the webpage the form was filled out on which is what we want.  Any other ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Nate, Did you ever find a solution for this? We are having the same issue. Any ideas you have would be appreciated.
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hi Hadley,

I have not had the time yet to try a hidden field that Sanford suggested.  This is the only thing that seems like it would work.  You can find that conversation below:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Q3ArAAK

I also attempeted to rephrase my question and reposted it here:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Q3RTAA0

Melanie_Arnold
Level 2

Those community links are no longer active. Has anyone had success with webpage/querystring constraints when using an external link? I've tried both without "http://" but it isn't working. To clarify, it will let me activate the campaign, but my progression status flow changes are not updating.

Dan_Stevens_

First, are these external web pages on your domain (and contain Munchkin tracking)?  If so, use the "referrer" constraint instead of the "web page" constraint.  The detail behind this can be found here: Difference between Referrer constraint vs Web Page constraint for form fill out? 

If ever in doubt, just have a look at a lead that submitted the form and view their activity log to see exactly how Marketo is logging this behavior (in this case, the answer is in the "fills out form" log entry - you'll see the referrer URL along with the other data).  Your contraints/values should reflect what Marketo is logging.