SOLVED

Re: Favicon does not display...

Go to solution
Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Favicon does not display...

My custom favicon won't display in browser. I went into Admin Settings for landing pages and unticked the box for the default.

The .ico file is within the images folder (in Images & Files) - so an absolute link has to be copied and inserted in the lines of code below. (rough example below)

In <head> of my LP template (in Design Studio), I have made the correct call following this format below. I should mention that page is not yet published; though the preview should still work:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.pages..." type="image/x-icon" >

<link rel="icon" href="http://www.pages..." type="image/x-icon" >

Cleared cache, refreshed browser a few times. Still do not see it appear.

Is it because the .ico is not and cannot be housed in a root location in Marketo? ...The Marketo icon still displays.
What else can I try?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You need to create a page ​based on the template.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Christine LeBlanc​,

Can you create a blank landing page and put the link here. Without have access to see the actual code it would be very hard to try and debug for you.

Thanks,

Gerard

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Did that and approved. How do grab or access the URL to the template once it is approved (published) so that I can share?

The link still seems internal at the moment, and requires a login.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Christine,

In this case, once you've created the template, just create a blank LP with nothing on it aside from your default template code--that'll help us see where there might be potential issues, and still be public facing the way your normal LPs are.

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

Are you saying I need to create a program, with a local asset of LP in order to collect a public facing URL for this base template in question? - Is that the only method in which to share URL?

SanfordWhiteman

You don't need a Program. You can create an LP in Design Studio. But you certainly need an LP to show us.

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

It's not giving me a public facing URL. When you Approve the template in Design Studio, is that the point in which the URL converts to public facing in the browser preview - to include your domain name in the link?

Because...it's not doing that at the moment. I see 'marketodesigner' in the URL. It also still shows the purple Marketo control bar at the top of screen. The C-NAME was set up a few weeks ago so I need to know for sure if there might be an issue. How else can I retrieve the public facing link once a template is approved?

Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman

You need to create a page ​based on the template.

Christine_LeBla
Level 3

That was the clarification I needed. And, yes, I can see the favicon working now.

I suppose I cannot rely entirely on the preview in Design Studio going forward... seems it must be a published LP.

Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman

I suppose I cannot rely entirely on the preview in Design Studio going forward... seems it must be a published LP.

It's not just that. The Designer shows your preview in an IFRAME. The favicon of an IFRAME will never change the favicon of the main document.

Also note your favicon (if your mockup is a guide) is insecure. The Marketo Designer runs over HTTPS. Loading an insecure favicon (even if it worked) would cause a mixed content error.