SOLVED

Re: Experience with Email Preheaders

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experience with Email Preheaders

Hello Marketo Nation!

Has anyone had experience adding email subheaders in Marketo? I'm curious if there are any articles, tutorials, or practices to implement these.

Thanks,

Jack

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dayna_Wellman3
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Hi Jack,

What is it you're looking for with pre-headers? We add an extra HTML table above our main content table for our pre-header. We have our clickable teaser text and the system token for the online version. The code that we use and what it looks like in an email is below.

pastedImage_0.png

<table width="550" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" align="center">

<tr>

<td align="center"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size:10px; color:#000000;"><a href="#" style="color:#000000;" target="_blank">Register for Our Webinar Today</a> | <a href="{{system.viewAsWebpageLink}}" style="color:#000000;" target="_blank">View with Images</a></span></td>

</tr>

</table>

Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for.

Dayna Wellman
Campaign Operations Consultant @ Etumos

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Experience with Email Subheaders

(Question should be in Products rather than Marketing Central.)

Do you mean preheaders? There are a bunch of Community threads on this topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience with Email Subheaders

Yes, preheaders. I will look into the tutorials. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a bit more trouble than usual looking for support tickets or tutorials. Does anyone have any links or URLs to share for implementing preheaders?

Dayna_Wellman3

Hi Jack,

What is it you're looking for with pre-headers? We add an extra HTML table above our main content table for our pre-header. We have our clickable teaser text and the system token for the online version. The code that we use and what it looks like in an email is below.

pastedImage_0.png

<table width="550" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" align="center">

<tr>

<td align="center"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size:10px; color:#000000;"><a href="#" style="color:#000000;" target="_blank">Register for Our Webinar Today</a> | <a href="{{system.viewAsWebpageLink}}" style="color:#000000;" target="_blank">View with Images</a></span></td>

</tr>

</table>

Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for.

Dayna Wellman
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dayna,

This is very helpful! Question, in edit mode, do you select "view as web page" or do you leave that unselected? If we are using this code, do we need to select "View as web page"?

Dayna_Wellman3

Hey Jack,

No, you wouldn't need to select "View as web page" in edit mode. The piece of code I gave you already has the View as Web Page System token in it. But you can delete the View with Images portion out of the piece of code I gave you if you want to use the one from Edit Mode.

Dayna Wellman
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Dayna. We have incorporated this preheader on a webinar email scheduled for next week. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 8.34.38 AM.png