SOLVED

Re: Event scheduler in Marketo

Go to solution
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Event scheduler in Marketo

Hi,

To test the Marketo event app. I created one event program in Marketo and when I tried to schedule the event, I am not getting the all event type option in drop down which are  available in the system. Also, on event type Basic Entry, its not allowing me to change the dates. Please suggest.

Thanks

Harish Gupta
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi Greg,

It seems there is an issue with my Marketo instance. I have access to three other Marketo instance and it working perfect there. I will check with support team. Thanks for all your support and help.

Thanks

Harish Gupta

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I am not sure I understand the problem

The process is:

1. create a program, type event, with a channel that has some statuses defined to be used with the mobile app. (in the admin -> tag -> channel, some of the statuses need to be mapped with the registered and attended statuses of the mobile app)
  2. Schedule the event itself in the calendar. remember the app will show only event that are a date range of more or less 7 days. For this, click on the event in Marketing activities, and display the "schedule" view. On the right, one of the entries will show the event icon
    pastedImage_2.png
    Click it and edit the entry to set the date and time for start and end. Then confirm it.
  3. open the app, sync it, the event will show up

-Greg

Brian_Law_MKTO
Marketo Employee

Hi Harish, make sure your Marketo instance has the ability to create the event channel. When you create a channel you will see this option pastedImage_0.png

If you don't see the option you will need to contact your Marketo sales rep.

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi Greg/Brian,

I have created the new channel also and set it applies to Event. But still I am unable to schedule the event. Here is the screen shot:

pastedImage_0.png

Harish Gupta
David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Harish Gupta​ - you actually schedule the event from the program itself. See below...use that first 'schedule' option.

pastedImage_0.png

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi David,

I tried it already but i am getting the error:

This feature is being replaced. To schedule events you can now edit them directly from the entry details.

Harish Gupta
David_Gaible
Level 7

And it doesn't still let you schedule it?

If that doesn't work, change your program view from 'Summary' to 'Schedule':

pastedImage_0.png

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi David,

The earlier screen shot is from Schedule view only.

Harish Gupta
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Harish,

When accessing the schedule view in the event program, you should see this on the right:pastedImage_0.png

Clicking on this specific icon will enable you to plan it:

pastedImage_2.png

If this is not the case, I suspect that the event channel is not set up correctly. Can you in this case provide a screenshot of the channel definition (admin -> Tag):

pastedImage_3.png

-Greg

David_Gaible
Level 7

I get the identical error message in both places as well, but I'm able to schedule the event - from either the Summary or Schedule view.