Event Attendees - Check-in without tablet

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Event Attendees - Check-in without tablet

Is there any way to check in people for an event without a tablet? My team is constantly running events (roadshows, trade shows, etc.) all over the world and we often have them in different regions but don't have the ability to check people in via a tablet. Often times it's our sellers running the event and our Marketo team isn't in attendance.

I'd love a way to check people in via mobile phone or laptop, however I don't see a way to do this.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Event Attendees - Check-in without tablet

Hi Rachel,

Not that I am aware of, unfortunately. That said, you could set up a form for your staff to fill out (possibly on a mobile-friendly page and without tracking code) and use that to check people in at the event. You would set up a flow action that changes their program status if that form is filled out.

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Thanks Alex!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out these offerings from our partners:

atEvent mobile apps for events – Marketo LaunchPoint

Cvent Marketo Launchpoint – Marketo LaunchPoint

They seem to have Smartphone options.

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Hi Rachel,

A work around (although imperfect and not as good of a solution as Cvent) would be to create a landing page and form that isn't cookied and submit people to the form as they visit your booth. You could then match this list that is created in Marketo against the registration list. If you make the landing page mobile compatible, you should be able to 'check them in' via phone or laptop. To be clear, there is a slight chance that this will increase your rate of error since people would be typing things in, but it would also allow you to add people who haven't registered.

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Thanks Kristen! We've been doing that a bit, just wanted to see if there are other options. I appreciate the reply!