Is It Possible to Block SFDC Field Sync from a Specific Form?

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Is It Possible to Block SFDC Field Sync from a Specific Form?

I am creating a landing page with a form that I want to prevent from syncing to our SFDC instance as this landing page is something slightly separate from our primary business. We do not want our salespeople to be calling on the prospects that come through this form, nor do we want to capture their information in our SFDC instance. It must remain separate.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Is It Possible to Block SFDC Field Sync from a Specific Form?

The only solution is to create separate fields in Marketo to be used in your form.

Otherwise, one cannot prevent one form to updating the database and therefore to updating salesforce. YOu could prevent all forms to updating some fields, but it's all or nothing.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It depends on your lead lifecycle setup.

If you sync all to SFDC, then what Greg says is right. You just can't. I suppose you could add a Task or note to such leads saying "Do not call".

If you are not syncing everyone, then you can just add leads who fill out this form to NOT sync to SFDC as part of your exclusion list.

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Thanks guys! I talked to our Marketo success coach today, and he helped out a lot too. We only sync leads that have a score of 60 or more, so what we're doing is just updating the scoring to not include this specific form. Problem solved!

Your feedback is appreciated though. Thanks again!