SOLVED

Re: Engagement Stream Cast Cadance

Go to solution
Jessica_Korn
Level 3

Engagement Stream Cast Cadance

Hi - We are building a 10-month/email engagement program, but not every month has an email that we want to send through Marketo. So, months/emails 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 will get an email from the nurture, but months/emails 3 & 5 will be skipped. How the heck do I skip that in my engagement program stream? Is that even possible? If I can't, anyone know of any workarounds? I'm trying to automate this program as much as possible. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anne_Sample
Level 2

What if you set up a campaign so that when the person was delivered email 2/4, you paused their cadence, then set a wait step for 6 weeks, and then set their cadence back to normal? Then they'd receive the next email on schedule, but you will have skipped the date where email 3/5 should have been sent, if the email had existed.

Anne Sample

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anne_Sample
Level 2

What if you set up a campaign so that when the person was delivered email 2/4, you paused their cadence, then set a wait step for 6 weeks, and then set their cadence back to normal? Then they'd receive the next email on schedule, but you will have skipped the date where email 3/5 should have been sent, if the email had existed.

Anne Sample
Jessica_Korn
Level 3

I hadn't even thought of that... have you done something like this before? I built out the campaigns and it makes sense/looks good. Thanks!

Anne_Sample
Level 2

I haven't, but I do use the "paused cadence" feature in my engagement programs pretty regularly! 

Anne Sample
kpara3
Level 2

Hey Jessica,

I'd recommend using programs in the streams if you are looking to implement special cadence logic. If you utilize that functionality you can also build out programs with wait campaigns, instead of the send campaigns. So in those cases you'd have 3 & 5 programs with Smart Campaigns that in the flow just don't send an email, unlike the campaigns in programs for 1, 2, 4,  6, 7, 8, 9, 10. This way the nurture cadence would still run them through something every month but it may just not be an email flow.

Kim